Soft Shackle ( 9384KG breaking strength )
One Shackle = One Vote = One Entry
Your Bro gets stuck; being the good Bro that you are, you take out the snatch strap, connect it to his piece of @£%& rig with a pair of rated steel bow shackles and complete the recovery. You now have bragging rights over him for the rest of the day… or at least until he returns the favour at the next obstacle.
The problem comes in when a recovery point fails or the shackle was incorrectly attached, and now you’ve got a heavy piece of metal flying through the air at speed similar to a bullet. Bro’s have tragically lost their lives or sustained horrific injuries this way. We’ve all seen the videos (there is no need to show it again.)
So what is the solution?
Broject Soft Shackles will help make any vehicle recovery easier. Forget about trying to find a solution to connect a steel shackle to a vehicle without recovery points. Broject Soft Shackles wrap around anything such as recovery points, roll bars, axles and bumpers. They are made from lightweight, heavy-duty Synthetic rope with a breaking strength of 9384kg so you can be sure that they will not break even in the toughest recovery situations. They can be used with recovery ropes, tow ropes, winch ropes or whatever recovery tools you have and are perfect for use with hooks and Safety Thimbles.
Broject Soft shackles are designed to be a safe, lightweight and easy-to-use alternative to conventional steel bow shackles. By using a soft shackle you effectively remove a very heavy and potentially lethal standard metal shackle from your recovery kit.
A few advantages of the Broject soft shackle…
• Maximum strength-toweight ratio, and strength comparable to steel
• Low elongation, minimal stretch
• Can be wrapped around almost anything without causing damage to your vehicle or scratching paint
• One-piece construction
• Light weight for gross weight reduction (of your vehicle, recovery kit, etc)
• Time saver, as it takes less time to set up than a conventional shackle
• Floats in water and muddy environments
• Water- and UV-resistant
• Abrasion-resistant sleeves offer maximum durability
A few disadvantages of the soft shackle…
• Possible damage from sharp edges
• Life expectancy lower than steel shackles
• Price – slightly more for the equivalent load rating.